Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Alright, seriously, blogging is not my strong suit! But, I do love being creative and when something turns out beautifully I want to share it with someone.

Just before my birthday this year I stumbled upon Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint. I fell in love with her blog, her website, and I've now fallen in love with her paint (which I ordered oodles of for my birthday).

It comes in 12 great colors, which I love because sometimes picking just the right shade of green is the hardest part and not having too many options makes it easier for me. I just LOVE, Love, love this stuff. Here is one of the projects I've done so far:

Before




We purchased these lovely old things off of Craigslist a couple weekends ago.

After

 The color I used on these chairs is called "Mustard Seed" (Please excuse my poor camera skills and the delightful mess in the background)

The wonderful chipping that you can see here happens all by itself. I was a little afraid of how it would turn out, but I think it looks naturally worn and chipped in all the right places. There is a bonding agent that can be added to the paint to stop it from chipping if that's not the look you're going for.

I love the design on the backrests of these chairs! I just can't quite decide what kind of pattern, if any at all, I should use for the recovering the seats.... Hmmm, what do you think? Maybe something spicy with a poppy orange-red? Or maybe something more subtle with a soft cream/off-white color? What do you think about the chairs? Do you like them? Do you like the color? What the chippy-ness?




No comments:

Post a Comment